03 December 2015

Collage Bookmarks

     Today I am presenting a "tutorial" of collage bookmarks.
     So first you should gather materials. I have card stock cut into an unofficial bookmark size, mod podge, a glue stick, and a whole pile of magazine cutouts I've been hoarding.
     Collage-ing is inherently random and unique every time. My plan involves just cutting random rectangles and glueing them to the bookmark, wrapping the shapes around to the other side.
      This is part of the way through. As you can see I still have some blank patches because all by shapes were cut by random. I collage both sides, But I like to have one side as the front.
     This is the almost done one. I love the sea slug most of all, and I pre-planned to put it in the foreground.
     Once I finish glue-ing I cover the bookmark with tape. I'm still working on the best process for it, but I suggest lying the tape on the table and smoothing the bookmark down length wise.
    Here is the back. I decoupaged a pattern paper which makes me feel like a pro. (and yes that is the Wonder Girls at the top)
    If any one reads this I may make a better tutorial in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment