03 February 2015

Birthday Goals (retrospect)

Last year I wrote a list of 10 goals to be completed by my next birthday (Feb 6). Lets judge how that went.
1. Go a day without electronics
I did this! And I blogged about it! If you don't feel like clicking through I can tell you that it was only okay. Nothing super inspirational. Oh well.
2. Start a business 
I can tell you that I tied. It didn't work out. It was a used clothing shop on etsy. I would say that the biggest failures of it (or should I say lessons learned) were that I didn't know how to take nice pictures of the clothes. I didn't have enough stock and I didn't realize how many other people were doing the same idea too. 
3. Read 10 books (from here)
I didn't even manage to read every book from the list. What the heck?
4. Write a story
I seriously forgot that this was even on the list. Fail.
5. Knit Latvian mittens (follow on Ravelry)
Well I tried to do one. Fail in a different way.
6. Knit something to donate
Another fail. This was certainly because I didn't have any patterns lined up or even a charity.
7. Get a driver's licence 
Check. Yay!
8. Get a bra fitting
Nope. 
9. Take photos of star trails
No way. Much too ambitious. 
10. Make friends or something
Well I now have some acquaintances. I'll consider it a success. 
11. Get a job
No. I didn't really try. My excuse is that I didn't want too much on my plate until finish my first year of college.

All in all there wasn't much success. I think I was just too ambitious and didn't plan enough. I will do this again next b-day with better goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment