23 September 2016

First Attempt- Bead Crochet

Let me start off: On Instagram I saw a beautiful, rope-like beaded necklace. When I liked it more started appearing on my feed. They had all different designs; snake-like or more abstract. Unfortunately all of the pictures I found were in Russian (and Instagram's translation feature is a little lacking). Eventually through frenetic Googleing I found "crochet bead rope necklaces" (catchy title). I found a book on it at my library and bought all the stuff from Michael's. 
 First start I ran into some problems. I'm not that good at crochet so my first attempts were more lumpy blobs than elegant ropes. I restarted so many times I ended up rubbing off the paint (stupid cheap beads...).

 I recommend that any one interested in this check out this excellent tutorial. After an awkward beginning (you can see the lumpyness above) I powered through and some how did it.
 For some reason I decided to randomly string the clear beads for a design (its not like I ran out of purple beads) and finished the bracelet.

Attempt 2 (I am addicted) I strung green matte beads and the previous purple beads. I ran out of green beads, but I think the bracelet is just long enough if I add a clasp so that will be the contents of a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment