30 December 2015

Project Life Plans for 2016

    It's been almost one year that I've been doing project life. I've notices some other bloggers announcing their plans for the new year, so I thought I's join the crowd.
    One of the big changes is that I probably shouldn't be calling it Project Life because I'm switching to Studio Calico, but the abbreviation PL is so convenient, I think it will be a hard switch.
    Now, onto the questions:
    How will the spreads be organized by time? I think I'm going to try to to every two weeks but stick with my "go with the flow" attitude with in the period. I'm doing this because I think I'll get better at Project Life pocket scrapbooking if I do it more frequently (?).
    Buying any new card kits? So I found out on ebay people sell partial card kits. I still have cards left over from my last kit (kiwi), but I'm in love with the cottage kit:
So I'll just buy it for next year. I also want to make some of my own cards, but I'll talk more about that later.
    What size are you going to do? Last year I did 12x12 and this year I'm doing 9x12. My 12x12 album is so small (as in number of pages) but so big (as in it won't fit on a normal shelf!). I'm glad SC made a 9x12 size so I don't have to do 8x8. I think that's too small, 9x12 is a good in between.
    What layout style are you going to use?
  SC sells a multi-pack of all their designs so I see no reason not to use it.
    How will you print? I'm going to experiment with snapfish (possibly for this December) because they have the cheapest prints, but I know I have to use persniketyprints to print 3x3 and 9x12.
    Any embellishments? Hey, maybe. I'm still learning and I want to try new things. I kind of have a vision of making an actual scrapbook style on one of the 9x12 pages.
    Consistency? I want to try to make some spreads that look like they "go" together ie in colour or style.
    And of course I promise to actually blog my spreads in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment