08 February 2016

January PL (part 1)

     Hi Everyone! Today I'm showing two pages of January's Project Life. I mentioned earlier that technically this isn't Project Life because I'm using Studio Calico but I'm too used to calling it PL and also because more people search for Project life ;)
    I only have two pages today because only two pages worth of pictures came in. I ordered these square pictures from Persnikety Prints (but none of the others because PP prints are so expensive!) and only my PP prints came in. (And I'm not waiting so I can keep up with my one post a week goal. Man blogging is so hard).
    So any way these two pages are from my vacation to the Dominican Republic.

    I had the idea for this first page before I even went on vacation. I love taking sky pictures and wanted a whole page of them. I feel I should acknowledge that one on the bottom right. Here is the original:

    If you can't tell this is the top of a bonfire at night. The over all quality of the photos was good, but this one came out dark and then taking a photo of the photo turned out black. Of well, that's why its been exiled to the corner.

    This page covers the tour in Santo Domingo. The middle top is a really interesting mural that included a picture of a peacock. I never think of peacocks as fancy because I always associate them with the zoo (both of the zoos where I live have free roaming peacocks. Is this normal?). But I guess some times peacocks can be elegant. The bottom of this page is a big panorama of a balcony in Christopher Columbus' historical house. I'm not sure if I like the fact that all the pictures were printed with a white boarder. I think its broken up enough with just the fact that there are different pockets. Oh well I'm always learning.
    Hopefully next week I can show you all the others (and my album).

No comments:

Post a Comment