18 March 2015

Start: Book Collecting

   
    I have decided I want to start collecting books. I have read a couple of articles about it that suggest you have to have a theme, but I don't want anything superficial like that. I just want to collect books that I like. Additionally I want to make sure I only buy editions with nice art. Yes I want to judge books by their cover; but its fine because I know whats inside. Let me illustrate with Jane Eyre:
    Here is an ugly version (I should be kind because its an educational copy):
    Now some nice ones:
    The picture doesn't really do this one justice. The cover is fabric and the leaves and text are embossed/painted. 



    This one is actually ruined by the notification at the corner, but it's still not the worst.




    Actually, compiling this short list has made me realize that collecting the classics will be the hardest because there are so many nice ones. For Jane Eyre I think I'll go for the first one because its fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment