20 May 2015

Second MH Repaint (Spectra)

    After my first repaint I was so exited to do another. It sounds so cliche but I really learned a lot from my mistakes while painting Venus.  
     This time around I decided to paint Spectra Vondergheist. I adore her, she is probably my favouriet design.

     I started out by blocking her eyes with coloured pencils and already I knew it would be better than the Venus paint. I'm really no good at free hand painting (because I have no practice). Also the new pastels I bought (plus her white skin) are really great and show up well. The above picture is only one layer of pastel.
     The eye shape she has made me want to do a more serious makeup. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but she is wearing way less than the original.
     I realized that to maintain my eye shape I would have to carefully paint in the scleral, iris and pupil which was a bit harry. I may try to figure out something else next time.

     My mom gave me the great idea to draw the pupil with a (nail) dotting tool! Her eyes came out so much more even than I could have free handed.

     (Her eyes look so lopsided in this picture). I had such a hard time with her eyelashes. I drew them on paper so many times then decided to stop procrastinating and get to it. I free handed them first with a coloured pencil.
    Finished! Sorry I didn't take one with her hair down. She came out so much better than the last one. But I'm worried about how I can improve the next one. Depending on who it it I want to put gloss medium on her mouth, but that's the only idea I have so far. I don't think I will be making dramatic improvements for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment