15 June 2015

Hardest Thing About Starting Code

        Weirdly enough one of the hardest things about starting to program is figuring out the programs to type the code in (IDEs). Most people know how to use Microsoft word. I’m using it to type this. If I downloaded some knock off it would be similar and I could figure it out. What makes most IDEs difficult is that you have to go through several menus and settings to get to the actual typing screen; unlike MS word where you just open and type. Take Visual studio for example: I still don’t know how to use it.  If you just google “How to get started in C++” you will get results on how to type “Hello World” not what exact setting to choose. I know I’m taking a risk because I sound stupid, but I really think this has detracted some people from teaching themselves how to code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment